Thursday, November 5, 2009

Oh my precious baby


27 Hours..........That is how long I had to wait till I could see my little angel after he was born. With the Preeclampsia they had to put me on Magnesium Sulfate for 24hours after having Brayden, this was to keep me from having a seizure, yes intense I know! I remember as soon as they took me off and moved me to post partum, I told the nurse " I want to go see my son, NOW!" So they got me a wheelchair and pushed me down to the NICU. That was the first time of doing the 3 minute scrubbing process you have to do before going in. The first time that 3 minutes seemed like forever! Then Mom and I went in. I remember standing there looking at you, Oh you were just so perfect and so little! Then Mom said, "well Mommy are you going to say Hi to your baby?" That was before she could notice I was so choked up and tears streaming down my face, I was speechless. Then while I was crying I looked at you, you have tears in your eyes. I remember telling you "So are you going to cry because Mommy is crying?" I think the hardest part of seeing you there was just how I wanted to pick you up and hold you close,but I couldnt.... That night though they did move Brayden from level 3 down to level 2. That was the best thing I could have heard that wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment